Feron Technologies PC is further advancing its SDR and IoT capabilities through PARROT Project.
The Project was accepted for funding within the context of RAWFIE Project 2nd Open Call for Proposals. RAWFIE Project is an initiative funded by European Commission’s Horizon 2020 Program with the following key priorities:
- Development of a strategic experimental infrastructure for mobile IoT;
- Support of the entire experiment lifecycle with fully detailed, controllable and replicable conditions;
- Integration of Cloud resources and networking facilities provided by the Europe’s Research and Education Network (GEANT);
- Provision of a proof of concept for extending the IoT paradigm in the world of autonomous mobile devices and remote piloted systems with real time characteristics; and
- Implementation of a reusable architecture that facilitates the testing of hardware, protocols, algorithms, middleware and application protocols.
In this wider context, main objective of PARROT Project is to integrate & deploy a H/W and S/W platform prototype tailored to end-to-end public safety operations support for emergency/ critical incidents occurring in remote areas.
Further info on RAWFIE and PARROT Projects can be found at http://www.rawfie.eu/